To content

Recognition Agreement

To be able to get courses offered at our department recognized for courses that you have taken abroad, you need a recognition agreement.

You can find more about the recognition here (bachelor) und here (master).

Recognition Agreement Form (in German)

Recommended approach:

First, search the course offerings of the host university for courses that interest you and that fit well with the courses offered at the Department of Business and Economics. It is important that the course fits into your studies - i.e. that you could choose the course at TU Dortmund University.

Two persons sitting at a desk © Roland Baege​/​TU Dortmund

Recognition of courses will depend on both a comparison of content and formal characteristics of the courses concerned.

Regarding the comparison of content, students should contact the teaching and research area offering the course in question. It is usually best to contact the lecturer directly. Students can then check whether the teaching area is willing to recognize the course offered abroad for their own course. To do this, you should show describe the contents of the course offered abroad as clearly and in as much detail as possible. You should also send a copy of the recognition agreement form.

For the formal comparison, please contact the Departmental Examinations Office. We advise sending the recognition agreement signed by the teaching and research area as well as detailed course descriptions for the courses concerned to by email.

You then send the completed recognition agreements to the Departmental Erasmus coordinator. Then you can enter the courses you will receive credit for in Table B in the Learning Agreement and get the signatures required.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Departmental Erasmus Coordinator, Dr. Debra Hanning, the Departmental Examinations Office, or the International Office.