In order to make it easier for prospective and first-year students to decide whether they want to study Business Administration and Economics and to get started with their studies, this page gives an overview of helpful information and offers of support.
These services begin even before students begin their studies and accompany them throughout the entire beginning phase of their studies. Currently, the following offers and events are recommended:
Before starting your studies:
- Studicheck – Test your abilities and aptitude for studying Business Administration and Economics at TU Dortmund University (German only)
- "Von Anfang an richtig" – Right from the start - central informational talks and presentations by TU Dortmund University for students beginning their studies (German only)
- Pre-course in Mathematics – Revision of school-level mathematics
- O-Phase – Orientation week by the department's student council with lots of useful information on starting your studies (German only)
When beginning your studies:
- "Fit für Mathe" –Ready for Maths - An online test to self-assess your mathematical competence (German only)
- HelpDesk mathematics or statistics für Business Administration and Economics students – Daily support by tutors in the preparation and follow-up of these courses (German only)
- 100 days of studying Business Administration and Economics at TU Dortmund University – summary of the start of studies, information on the first examination phase, outlook on the further semesters (German only)
- "Lässig statt stressig" – Relaxed rather than stressed, tips for studying successfully by the Psychological Student Counseling Service of TU Dortmund University (series of talks in German only, but the English pages of the Psychological Student Counseling Service can be found here.
Further offers and recommendations for actively participating in the department:
- Consultation meeting with Management Studies and Teaching or the department's Examinations Office on how your studies are going and possible problems you may be experiencing
- Sonstige Informationsveranstaltungen für den Bachelorstudiengang Wirtschaftswissenschaften (z.B. Wahl der Vertiefungen im Bachelorstudium, jeweils an drei Terminen im Januar/Februar)
- Working as a student assistant or tutor for one of the teaching and research areas
- Active membership in the student council
Search & People Search
CalendarTo event list
Location & approach
The campus of TU Dortmund University is located close to interstate junction Dortmund West, where the Sauerlandlinie A 45 (Frankfurt-Dortmund) crosses the Ruhrschnellweg B 1 / A 40. The best interstate exit to take from A 45 is "Dortmund-Eichlinghofen" (closer to Campus Süd), and from B 1 / A 40 "Dortmund-Dorstfeld" (closer to Campus Nord). Signs for the university are located at both exits. Also, there is a new exit before you pass over the B 1-bridge leading into Dortmund.
To get from Campus Nord to Campus Süd by car, there is the connection via Vogelpothsweg/Baroper Straße. We recommend you leave your car on one of the parking lots at Campus Nord and use the H-Bahn (suspended monorail system), which conveniently connects the two campuses.
TU Dortmund University has its own train station ("Dortmund Universität"). From there, suburban trains (S-Bahn) leave for Dortmund main station ("Dortmund Hauptbahnhof") and Düsseldorf main station via the "Düsseldorf Airport Train Station" (take S-Bahn number 1, which leaves every 20 or 30 minutes). The university is easily reached from Bochum, Essen, Mülheim an der Ruhr and Duisburg.
You can also take the bus or subway train from Dortmund city to the university: From Dortmund main station, you can take any train bound for the Station "Stadtgarten", usually lines U41, U45, U 47 and U49. At "Stadtgarten" you switch trains and get on line U42 towards "Hombruch". Look out for the Station "An der Palmweide". From the bus stop just across the road, busses bound for TU Dortmund University leave every ten minutes (445, 447 and 462). Another option is to take the subway routes U41, U45, U47 and U49 from Dortmund main station to the stop "Dortmund Kampstraße". From there, take U43 or U44 to the stop "Dortmund Wittener Straße". Switch to bus line 447 and get off at "Dortmund Universität S".
The H-Bahn is one of the hallmarks of TU Dortmund University. There are two stations on Campus Nord. One ("Dortmund Universität S") is directly located at the suburban train stop, which connects the university directly with the city of Dortmund and the rest of the Ruhr Area. Also from this station, there are connections to the "Technologiepark" and (via Campus Süd) Eichlinghofen. The other station is located at the dining hall at Campus Nord and offers a direct connection to Campus Süd every five minutes.
The AirportExpress is a fast and convenient means of transport from Dortmund Airport (DTM) to Dortmund Central Station, taking you there in little more than 20 minutes. From Dortmund Central Station, you can continue to the university campus by interurban railway (S-Bahn). A larger range of international flight connections is offered at Düsseldorf Airport (DUS), which is about 60 kilometres away and can be directly reached by S-Bahn from the university station.
The departments of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".
Streetnavigation from and to TU Dortmund University:
The document and the graphic represent the motorways and federal highways around the TU Dortmund University in a very simplified way:
This interactive map helps you find and navigate between facilities and buildings on campus:
This document contains a simple campus map in German and English: