In order to make it easier for prospective and first-year students to decide whether they want to study Business Administration and Economics and to get started with their studies, this page gives an overview of helpful information and offers of support.
These services begin even before students begin their studies and accompany them throughout the entire beginning phase of their studies. Currently, the following offers and events are recommended:
Before starting your studies:
- Studicheck – Test your abilities and aptitude for studying Business Administration and Economics at TU Dortmund University (German only)
- "Von Anfang an richtig" – Right from the start - central informational talks and presentations by TU Dortmund University for students beginning their studies (German only)
- Pre-course in Mathematics – Revision of school-level mathematics
- O-Phase – Orientation week by the department's student council with lots of useful information on starting your studies (German only)
When beginning your studies:
- "Fit für Mathe" –Ready for Maths - An online test to self-assess your mathematical competence (German only)
- 100 days of studying Business Administration and Economics at TU Dortmund University – summary of the start of studies, information on the first examination phase, outlook on the further semesters (German only)
- "Lässig statt stressig" – Relaxed rather than stressed, tips for studying successfully by the Psychological Student Counseling Service of TU Dortmund University (series of talks in German only, but the English pages of the Psychological Student Counseling Service can be found here.
Further offers and recommendations for actively participating in the department:
- Consultation meeting with Management Studies and Teaching or the department's Examinations Office on how your studies are going and possible problems you may be experiencing
- Sonstige Informationsveranstaltungen für den Bachelorstudiengang Wirtschaftswissenschaften (z.B. Wahl der Vertiefungen im Bachelorstudium, jeweils an drei Terminen im Januar/Februar)
- Working as a student assistant or tutor for one of the teaching and research areas
- Active membership in the student council